Thursday, September 13, 2012

My birthday boy

I love birthdays. I love the planning, the surprises, and making the birthday guy or gal feel special. So for Kelly, I plan and plan because I always try to make it the biggest and best. He thinks I go a little overboard but I can't help it. I love to spoil him!!

I created a happy birthday itinerary for his special day. We kicked it off by opening gifts and being lazy....our day started earlier than expected as we both woke up at a ridiculous hour! Our house typically rises after 9:30am (and that is me getting up in the 9am hour, Kelly is a 10 o'clock kind of guy) so getting up at 7am is just nuts for us. Go ahead and judge us...we like to sleep late!

We had lunch at The Oceanaire. We thought the tray of veggies that came out with the bread was so funny! Turns out it is a throwback to earlier years where you were served veggie trays at nice restaurants - they are keeping it retro. We had a great meal and the server even gave us a HUGE piece of key lime pie for dessert and Kelly's birthday.
Following The Oceanaire, I took Kelly to the spa to get a nice, long massage. He has been needing one for quite a while so he was really excited for this gift.

Next, I surprised him by having a limo pick us up at the house to take us out in Dallas. We don't normally roll large, but we live so far out now and safety never takes a vacation!
So excited!
We started our night at The Cedars Social in Dallas. Way cool, funky little place owned by a former - Packers - linebacker. It would have been cooler if he was a Cowboy!
Then we went to Nick & Sam's for his big birthday dinner. He had never been here and was excited to go. He said that this was the best steak of his life. Everyone should get the Chateau Briand steak. We licked our plates...well not literally, we were at Nick & Sam's afterall.
We had the pineapple upside down cake bread pudding for dessert. It rocked our faces...I just can't explain how good it was.
I can't tell you how nice it was not to have to drive home. We jammed to tunes, sang loud and had a great time! I think our driver loved us. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good wifey!!!! Tell Kelly we said HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete