Even though Kelly and I have been dating for well over a year, this was actually our first Valentine's together. Last year we had to celebrate early as he had to be in Spring Training which was fine, but I was really looking forward to actually sharing the day with him. I started planning early. While he was gone to work, I decorated our apartment with red and white hearts everywhere. (I am sure the maintenance man appreciated it when he had to come and fix the washing machine!)
I aranged our gifts really cute and couldn't wait for him to come home. When he got here, he was definately suprised. It took a few minutes for him to stop laughing to thank me! Oh well, E for effort.
I aranged our gifts really cute and couldn't wait for him to come home. When he got here, he was definately suprised. It took a few minutes for him to stop laughing to thank me! Oh well, E for effort.
Kelly and I decided awhile ago to go to one of our favorite sushi places for dinner. Stingray Sushi in Scottsdale is so good. When you walk in, there is an aquarium under the floor so you have to walk on it. Pretty cool! We had great rolls, good conversation and good times. Following sushi, we had dessert at Metro. Kelly said it was the best bread pudding he has ever had.
At this point, I still hadn't taken one picture which is totally not like me. So I pulled out the camera to shoot my favorite subject...Kelly! If you have ever taken a picture of Kelly, you would know that he only opens his eyes for pictures about 5% of the time. He claims he has super sensitive eyes and doesn't like the light from the camera flash. This made me laugh so hard. Poor guy was propping open his eyes, making them super wide...anything to make them open when I took his picture. I had to take 14 pictures to get at least 2 decent ones.
These were the best that I could do!
After dinner, we came home and opened our gifts. Kelly's mom gave us super sweet cards which we read first. It was so thoughtful of her to send those to us. Then we opened our cards and gifts. Kelly went above and beyond. He gave me a beach themed purse and a pair of Ed Hardy sunglasses. I was so excited! Kelly got Bose headphones, a book of our trip to New Orleans and the new Pat Green CD.
SO cute! Love the glasses and purse! Sushi...what a treat! LOVE THE BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds fun!
ReplyDelete