Sunday, July 5, 2009

What I Like About Texas

This time next week, I will be home and exhausted from a perfectly wonderful trip to the river. What river you might ask? It is the one and only Guadalupe. I look forward to this trip so much every year. It doesn't get much better than sitting in a toob while floating underneath cypress trees on a hot summer day. Ohhh I can't wait.

As I sit here thinking about the cool water of the Guadalupe, I am reminded of all of the other things that I love about Texas.

* Gruene Hall * Hometown Parades
* The Hill Country * Football
* People waving as you pass them on country roads * Willie Nelson
* George's Bar * The Brazos Belle
* Friday Night Texas High School Football * Southwest Airlines
* The Poop Deck in Galveston * Joe T. Garcia's
* Cameron Park Zoo * Frio and Brazos River
* Bluebonnets * The Alamo
* Sayings such as Ya'll and Fixin' To * Swimming in the tank
* Fightin' Texas Aggie Anything * Highway 6
* Lake Whitney * Kitok's
* Strecker Museum * The Strand in Galveston
* Sitting on the porch * Drinking out of Mason Jars
* Washers and Horseshoes * Ford Trucks
* HEB * Ninfaritas
* Port Royale * Catching lightning bugs
* Concerts in Helotes * The Tyler Hatch Band
* Salt Lick BBQ * Ranger Baseball
* East Terrace * Blue Bell Ice Cream
* George Strait * Lake McQueeny

These are just a few things that come to mind as I had to limit myself as the list could go on and on. Now back to packing.....

1 comment:

  1. This time last week we were floating the wonderful Guadalupe, and I am wishing I was there now!!! I had a blast - I don't care what you say!

    ReplyDelete