Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tent Camping + August = HOT

After 2 years of talking about camping, we did it....in August! Not only was it hot, but the mosquitos must be in breeding season as they were as thick as honey. Inspite of those 2 things, it was a great time!!! I thought I would be scared to death and wouldn't be able to sleep for fear of Freddy or Jason coming up and slicing our tent open with a knife but it wasn't at all like that. I slept sooo well. I guess my body really enjoyed all of that fresh air.
For those of you that haven't been to Possum Kingdom, you must go. Just not in the summer or at least August. If you must go in August, bring a fan like we did. Kelly told me that you don't use fans when camping but he sure wasn't complaining when I plugged that thing in. It kept us so cool while we were sleeping that we even had to cover up.


The view of the entrance into Hell's Gate. It sounds scary but it is just a party cove. No parties during the weekday but we heard it gets crazy in there!


This would be us taking a picture of ourselves while on the lake. This would also be the day before we got so burnt that it took days for the skin to actually fall off. Yes, we did use sunscreen!

Sunset on PK Lake. It was so pretty!


Kelly is a wonderful cook. He can create something delicious from anything. I really appreciate him in the kitchen! While camping, he whipped me up some shish-kabobs with melt in your mouth steak. We don't do hotdogs when we camp out!


This would be our tent. It came from either Sam's or Costco and is awesome! It sleeps 8 people so we had plenty of room. It was easy to put up too. We would definately recommend it.


1 comment: