Monday, August 31, 2009

Want to go for a walk on the beach?

It all started off so innocently. I planned a nice trip for Kelly and I back in March. We were headed on our first big trip outside of the US together. I was so excited. Little did I know that Kelly made plans to make our trip even more memorable.

On Saturday, August 22, Kelly and I headed south to the lovely country of Mexico. That swine flu wasn't going to stop us! We were headed for some fun, sun and relaxation. We arrived at our destination around 2pm after a quick flight, a long time in customs, one bag search, countless offers for taxi rides, and one solicitation to buy a home. Hacienda Tres Rios was to be our home for the next 7 days. That is right. We were staying from Saturday to Saturday. Pure bliss! We knew this was going to be a great trip when they greated us at check in with a nice, cold refreshing and alcoholic green drink that tasty great. Cheers to a happy trip!

The next day (Sunday), Kelly left the room early and said that he had a surprise for me. Little did I know that he was sneaking away to the receptionist desk to try to make plans. He covered up those plans by bringing me a bloody mary. So thoughtful and what a great way to start the day!

Monday morning, Kelly and I were laying out and he said that he needed to run back to the room. I waited and waited for him to come back. I think he was gone about 20 or 30 minutes. What the heck was he doing. I didn't press him too much and just let it slide. Later in the afternoon, he asked me if we wanted to take a walk on the beach at sunset. I said sure! That would be so romantic and I wasn't excited to walk down the beach holding Kelly's hand. So about 6:00ish we left the beach and went to clean up. Kelly put on some super sexy white linen pants and this blue linen shirt that I just love. I wore white pants and a turquoise top. We looked so cute.

We headed out to the beach. As soon as we hit the sand, I said let's go right, he said let's go left. I said ok. I grabbed his hand and off we went. On the way, I stopped to draw a heart in the beach. I didn't know this but it made Kelly suspect I knew something. I didn't! I was just being cute.



I continued to just look around. This beach is so pretty at sunset. Our hotel had a lot of cenotes which make for really pretty pictures. I took a few and then Kelly said "Hey, what is that over there?" (In the picture below, you can see that his hand is in his pocket. He is holding the ring.)
So I turned around and looked at what he was pointing at. I saw the word Jenny and immediately became confused. I was thinking why would my name be on the beach. At this point you might be thinking, come on now. You are in Mexico and have dated quite a long time...didn't you expect this? NO. Kelly had made me believe that it would be next year sometime. He was so convincing! So I kept reading. It said JENNY WILL
YOU
MARRY

ME
LOVE

KELLY
I turned around to look at him and he was down on his knee. I was so confused that I asked if this was real. I felt like I was having an out of body experience. I of course said yes. It was such a surprise and the best surprise that anyone has given me!
There was a lady walking along the beach and she saw what just happened. She came right over and asked if she could take our picture. I happily agreed!

We are trying to reinact it for you. I was like I don't know how to do this! I felt like the proposal went by so fast. It was all a blurr.

Here is a shot of the ring. I tried to get a good one but it didn't work. Kelly and I went ring shopping awhile ago as he didn't want me to have a ring I didn't like. So I gave him 2 choices. He chose the oval and I am so happy!

This is where we got engaged. It was were the cenote (river) meets ocean.
YEA!!! The happy couple. This picture was taken by us as you can tell.

After the proposal, we walked back by the heart and I wrote forever in it.

Then I just had to place my hand down there. It was the best proposal. I would never have thought that Kelly would ask me that way but he did and it was absolutely perfect! You might ask how we celebrated? We had Mexican food of course!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful story! Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited Mrs. Terrell! I have a new Sista!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you both! The ring is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete