Thursday, March 18, 2010

Low Key Living

I was doing pretty well on the blog for awhile there. Got up a few new posts in my week off and then as soon as I headed back to work, the blogger in me died. I don't know why. It isn't as if we do much out here. Most days consist of waking up at 6:30am, heading to work, work all day, work out, eat, watch TV and sleep. Then we get up and do it all over again. Pretty lame for us since we are use to exploring new places and hitting the hottest dining place in town. I haven't even taken one single picture with my Rebel yet! A highlight of our trip was Ashley hanging out with us for a couple of nights and hiking the White Tank after a rain. We saw a gorgeous waterfall that I would have loved to have shared with you but again, no camera.

A big reason why we are not going out at night is that we are both on diets....hello wedding! We decided that eating out is too tempting and it is better to eat healthy, delicious (???) meals at home. Is it fun to eat in night after night? NO. Is it fun to have to buy new pants b/c all of the ones I brought are too big? YES!

11 days until we come home. We are both sad to leave our little apartment. We just love it so much out here. Every morning we are greeted with a beautiful sunrise over the mountains and in the evening, the sun sets so pretty. At night, you can see millions of twinkling stars...something we can't see in DFW! It is such a nice break from all the pavement in DFW too.

I am going to make it a point to take some pictures during my last week here so that I can share with you all what we have been doing, where we stay, etc. No promises though....

1 comment: