
Kelly: Happy Anniversary! I am taking you somehwere so pack your bags. Don't ask any questions because it is a surprise.
Me: Are we going to Fredericksburg (first trip as a couple), Gruene (honeymoon #1), San Antonio, Lake Texoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Lubbock, the beach, the river, Waco (???), Granbury, Possum Kingdom, Austin, Houston?
Kelly: I.am.not.going.to.tell.you.
And this went on until we were just outside of Waco when I finally guessed Salado.

We stayed at Stone Creek Settlement just south of the main shopping area off of Main Street. It was secluded, quiet and so pretty! Kelly rented the biggest cabin on the property. It was so fun!

Salado all but shuts down at 5:00pm during the week. All that is left open is wineries sooooo we came with one bottle of wine and left with four more.

The other half of the downstairs. Alot of the furniture was dated back in the early 1900s. It was really neat!

The upstairs was one large room covered in old wood painted green. It was the prettiest thing! I just loved looking at the ceiling. So peaceful.

Our first trip as a couple was to Fredericksburg in January of 2008. We went to a winery where we made our own wine and labels. This was our last bottle and we were saving it for something special....I think our one year anniversary qualifies. It was just as delicious as we remembered and we drank it while sitting on the front porch during sunset at our B&B.

The Fredricksburg was not Kelly's first choice as the San Marcos is the best one but it was rented for the night. I thought Fredricksburg was perfect for us though. It was the first trip we took together!

I love coming home to this man! He is my best friend, buddy, playmate, partner in crime and is just really fun to be with!

We tried to take a shot of the two of us and this was as good as it got.

We love this place! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to visit Salado.

The entrance into the property. The owners built everything to look really old and charming. They did a great job and so did Kelly on this trip! What a great start to our anniversary.
No comments:
Post a Comment