Saturday, July 2, 2011

We made it!

It seems like just yesterday we were hauling a U-Haul down to Moon River Ranch to get married. I can still feel the sweat dripping down my back and legs as I said I Do in front of all my friends and family. I can still see Kelly tearing up the dance floor and being shocked as I had never seen him move like that! I still get sad thinking that weekend went by so fast. All that planning, day dreaming, and wedding meetings and it was over in the blink of an eye. This was almost how this past year has felt. We have done so much! We survived a remodel from hell, a winning baseball season, went to six states, toobed the river 6 times during 3 different trips to the Hill Country, Kelly turned 40, Kellissa turned 16, put my car in the shop more times than I can count (all for crazy reasons), Spring Training, birth of a niece (yea for Molly!), and I am sure lots more. How can we top that in year two?



Kelly had a day game so I spent the whole day getting ready for him to come home. Lots of little projects made the day go by so quickly. I created a garland by using a picture from each month and then writing a little quote about what we did. It was so fun to see everything we did...we are one busy couple!



I had a three course dinner ready for Kelly when he got home. Tyler Florence's Veal Oscar with homemade bernaise sauce, Pioneer Woman's Potatoes Au Gratin, salad with caesar dressing (Tyler Florence has a great recipe for one), and straight from the over pop overs that I made from scratch (we fell in love with them in San Francisco). It was such a good dinner!



Bebe and Moma Duck had sent gifts to us so I waited until Kelly got home so that we could open all our gifts together. I gave Kelly lots of cards b/c the first year is paper. The Captain Kelly card is obviously his cruise tickets - Alaska!


While I had all my gifts neatly arranged on the table, Kelly left his in the truck. Hello - I stopped peeking a long time ago! He went out to get it after he unwrapped mine. The first anniversary is paper so I got....paper.


I guess he was feeling bad that I got him a trip to Alaska so he went out to the truck and brought out a necklace that he had custom made into our brand and covered in black diamonds. Yea! Now we both have black diamonds. It is so so pretty! He also took me on a surprise trip to Salado the very next day. Salado is special to our family as that is where Mom and Paul were married so it was a really sweet trip.



For dessert, we had our frozen cake topper. Seriously, we better have really good luck because we had to choke to get that down. It tasted like an old sponge that you have used one too many times. The icing was still pretty good though. We eventually decided that we could not get down anymore and gave up. Oh well...it was the thought that counted.



This is what was left of our cake. It looks like we ate a lot but we really didn't put that much on our fine china paper plates....yes it might be our anniversary but the less dishes to wash, the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment