Friday, May 11, 2012

Old as Mold

May 6, 2012  11:10pm
Kelly: Did you spill something on the floor?
Me: What? No!
Kelly: Then why is it wet?
Me: I have no idea. Why would you think I spilled something???
Kelly is right. I spill lots of stuff but this time I was not guilty of spilling anything. Because I am a good wife, I went to clean up this mess and found water coming out from all sides of our island.
After some investigation on Kelly's part, we found some mold underneath our sink and a very warped cabinet. I immediately called our builder. He is #2 on my speed dial after Kelly. Help!

May 7, 2012   10:00am

To the rescue!

The poor plumber had the fun job of removing the dishwasher.
Hello dishwasher. How I used to hate you. You never dried my dishes and you smelt.
Oh dishwasher, what did you do? You made my island into a holding tank of nasty water.
Wait...what? You weren't even installed right? The plumber never put the drain together. So every time we used the dishwasher, it drained into the island. Good thing we have an energy efficient machine that doesn't use a ton of water! He plugged the drain into the side air vent tube which explains why it wasn't drying.
This was underneath the dishwasher. A circle of mold and gross water. Boy, did it smell!
We thanked our builder for building us an indoor swimming pool. I told them the water is a nice green color and warm but they didn't want to come swimming. Party poopers.

May 9, 2012
Our kitchen is now quarantined off. It has been tested by a micro biologist for mold - as we have a ton growing under the island - and we have a dehumidifier and 2 industrial air purifier things running 24/7.

May 11, 2012   10:30pm

 Our kitchen is officially drying up. No more smelly mold or water. Thank goodness!
Kelly and I are now in the process of clearing out the island as they are going to demo it and build us a new one. You may ask when we are going to have our house warming party? It is looking like Christmas time now!

2 comments:

  1. Geez Jenny! Y'all just can't catch a break! The joys of homeownership :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness Jenny! That stinks!!! Literally :)

    ReplyDelete