Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Colorado - The Big 4th Anniversary

Every year Kelly and I go to a different B&B for our anniversary. I have planned every year - all 3 - but this year he wanted to do it. Go for it dude! I was excited not to be our traveling secretary for a change. He chose Colorado after an extensive google search in locating the best B&Bs in the country. He found an awesome one - Mountain Comfort B&B - located in Alma just outside Breckenridge. It was awesome and they have the most delicious breakfast. Plus the BEST bacon I have ever ever ever had. OH MY WORD. I still dream about that bacon. 

I uploaded the photos from my phone and they aren't in order...plus I am too lazy to move them around so we will just stick with this layout. Enjoy our Colorado trip!

We did this on our last day. The whole trip I was nervous about it but turns out, I LOVE IT. It was amazing and I will do it again and again in my life. SO AWESOME.

We borrowed our Inn Keeper's snow shoes and headed out. It was pretty fun after about 30 minutes of getting the hang out it. There are LOTS of underground ponds and creeks in Colorado and it was scary not know what was under you. I walked on lots of bushes to make sure I wasn't going to drown.

My spur of the moment snow man. I didn't have gloves and it was SO cold so this was the best I could do. His beret is a bottle cap...pretty clever, huh?

This was the very first thing we did after we landed in Denver. Coors Field is awesome. We saw their tunnel, behind the scenes - we know people - and the whole park. It was so pretty!
Don't worry, we didn't stay for the game. They were playing the Giants and everyone knows how I feel about that team!

We are on top of Independence Pass heading to Aspen. It was beyond cold and the snow was so bright!

Starting our journey at the Enterprise Rent A Car. We put so many miles on that baby!

We drove in rain, snow, hail and even a blizzard!

We had planned to hike this day but it was a little snowy and cold. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I think of you every time I see corn. Because of all of the corn I drove through to get to your fun wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny-This looks like soooo much fun!!!! LOVE the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete